I’ve been waiting to post this recipe for a few days now as the sun decided to hide last week and we got a couple of days of heavy rain here in Ireland. However, the sun is back now and I thought it would be the perfect time to share another one of my summer recipes! This recipe is not only easy and refreshing on a hot day, it is also versatile as you can use any fruit of your choice! Let’s get started🙂
Two types of fresh fruit of your choice (I used 1 punnet of strawberries and 2 large pears)
Orange juice (optional)
Sugar ( optional)
1. Wash, trim and half all the strawberries. Peel, de-core and cut the pear into cube sized pieces.
2. Put them into plastic bags or plastic containers separately. At this step you can add a little bit of orange juice onto the pear pieces to stop them from browning.
3. Leave them in your freezer for at least two hours. When the fruit pieces are FULLY FROZEN, take the bags out of the freezer and leave them out to thaw for approximately three minutes. Break up the fruit into smaller pieces inside the bags (to make the blending process easier).
4. Put fruit number 1 (strawberries) into the food processor and blend on high speed until you get a nice sorbet consistency (no lumps). You can add one spoon of sugar if you have a sweet tooth! Fill your favourite sundae glass halfway with sorbet 1.
5. Rinse out the food processor bowl with water and repeat step 4 with fruit number 2 (pear). Fill up your glass with the sorbet 2 and you are done! Decorate your finished product with some mint leaves or fresh fruit🙂
Like my previous recipe, this one is also super simple, refreshing on a hot day and it is also a great way to get one of your 5 a day🙂 As I mentioned earlier, you can make this sorbet with any fruit of your choice. Try mango, pineapple, apple, kiwi, melon, raspberries…anything you like! Just remember to peel the skin off the fruit first in order to get a smooth sorbet.
I know you might think that this is barely a recipe but I love making and eating good food with fresh ingredients rather than buying a prepackaged one from the supermarket! Like this post if you agree🙂
That is it for today’s easy nom nom recipe, let me know if you will be trying to make it anytime soon😉
Bai bai for now and see you next time!